Art For Now Sketchbook Project, for families, teens, and adults
During this time of Novel Covid-19 isolation, let’s share ourselves artfully, inspiring one another and being with one another through art. The North Shore Public Library has created an email address specifically for artwork submissions during the social distancing and closures that are impacting all our lives. Art can calm anxiety, allow for the releasing of bottled up emotions, and offers an ever important escape from the world around us, leading to some much needed fun and relaxation. If you are interested in submitting some of your current art work to the North Shore Public Library, please see the below set of rules and be part of this Art For Now Sketchbook Project!
- Make a sketch or a piece of art as often as you want for the next month, whether that is every day, twice a week, or one every week.
- Consider setting a designated time to work on this sketch diary. Determine if you will challenge yourself to work on a piece each day. Even set a time limit.
- If you are inclined to create a more finished piece, set your designated time and continue to work every day until it is complete.
- Paint, color, paper, sketchbook, digital files, sculpting or mixed media materials.
- Draw, paint, illustrate, photograph, color, or sculpt one simple project per day. Just a pencil and paper will do too!
- Open because this is a digital collection.
- Submit your image or photo of your creation (300 dpi high resolution images – large photo files) to this email address:
- If you want your art to be possibly shared on our website or social media, please include that you give permission to do so in your email along with your work of art!
Please enjoy some of these works of art submitted to the Art For Now Sketchbook Project:
These works have been reproduced with permission from the artist.