***When borrowing a Museum Pass, please contact the Museum directly to find out their hours, policies, admission, and other restrictions due to COVID-19 regulations. The Library is not responsible for a change in Museum policies.***
- Click Here To Reserve Your Museum Pass!
- To cancel or modify a pass reservation, call the Library at 631-929-4488 ext. 223.
- We offer PRINTABLE PASSES for some museums. Look for the printer icon to grab and go!
Museum Pass Policy
Free Museum Passes are available to North Shore Public Library cardholders in good standing who have signed the Museum Pass User Agreement. A new agreement form must be signed each time a museum pass is checked out.
- Passes must be reserved in advance and handled by an adult (18 years or older) family member. Only one Pass may be checked out to a patron at a given time.
- Pick-up a reserved museum pass at the Children’s Reference Desk after 3:00 PM on the day prior to use. Return the pass to the Children’s Reference Desk by 1:00 PM on the due date. Other patrons may be waiting to use it.
- Reservations will be taken up to 2 months in advance of the desired date.
- Reservations will be taken online, in person, or over the phone at 631-929-4488, ext. 223.
- In order to ensure that the Museum Pass can be given to the next patron, keep in mind that there is a $10 late fee per day, so please return it promptly.
- In the event that non-return of a Pass necessitates the Library to pay the entrance fee for the next user, that entry cost to the museum will be attached to the borrower’s record. In the event of loss or mutilation of a Pass, a fee will be charged for the replacement cost of that Museum Pass.
- Patrons should call the museum directly for information on hours of operation, parking and/or directions.
- The Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access for the greatest number of patrons.
Museum Pass Limits
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow for a single day: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow per week: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can book for a calendar month: 4
- Maximum number of times a cardholder can borrow for a specific museum per month: 1
- Two “no shows” within a 60-day block of time will block users from making a reservation.
- During the school vacation breaks, patron is limited to one single reservation, for one single museum pass.