***When borrowing a Museum Pass, please contact the Museum directly to find out their policies, admission and other restrictions due to COVID-19 regulations. The Library is not responsible for a change in Museum policies.***
The North Shore Public Library Museum Passes can be found here. Due to the Covid Pandemic, only museums that offer remotely printable passes will be available. Please continue to check back for updated listings as more museums offer printable pass options.
You reserve your pass by Museum or by Calendar:
- Museum Pass Selection By Museum: Museum
- Museum Pass Selection by Date: Calendar
- View / Cancel Reservations: Cancelation
We now offer PRINTABLE PASSES for some museums. Look for the logo!
Museum Pass Program Policy
Free Museum Passes are available to North Shore Public Library cardholders in good standing who have signed the Museum Pass User Agreement. A new agreement form must be signed each time a museum pass is checked out.
- Passes must be reserved in advance and handled by an adult (18 years or older) family member. Only one Pass may be checked out to a patron at a given time.
- Pick-up a reserved museum pass at the Children’s Reference Desk after 3:00 PM on the day prior to use. Return the pass to the Children’s Reference Desk by 1:00 PM on the due date. Other patrons may be waiting to use it.
- Reservations will be taken up to 2 months in advance of the desired date.
- Reservations will be taken either in person or by telephone at 631-929-4488, ext 223.
- In order to ensure that the Museum Pass can be given to the next patron, keep in mind that there is a $10 late fee per day, so please return it promptly.
- In the event that non-return of a Pass necessitates the Library to pay the entrance fee for the next user, that entry cost to the museum will be attached to the borrower’s record.In the event of loss or mutilation of a Pass, a fee will be charged for the replacement cost of that Museum Pass.
- Patrons should call the museum directly for information on hours of operation, parking and/or directions.
- The Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access for the greatest number of patrons.
Museum Pass Limits
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow for a single day: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow per week: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can book for a calendar month: 4
- Maximum number of times a cardholder can borrow for a specific museum per month: 1
- Two “no shows” within a 60-day block of time will block users from making a reservation.
- During the school vacation breaks, patron is limited to one single reservation, for one single museum pass.
Free Virtual Museum Options
Brooklyn Botanic https://www.bbg.org/learn/kids_and_families
While the Garden is closed, enjoy activities, games, recipes, and crafts to do at home. Projects are geared toward a variety of ages. Children and their caretakers will find a variety of resources at Kids and Families.
Children’s Museum of the East https://www.cmee.org/cmee-home/
CMEE @ Home, is a resource containing daily enrichment activities. Monday through Friday, Museum educators provide easy-to-replicate projects.
Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium http://cshfishhatchery.org/
View their live cameras of the Turtle Pond and the Sunfish & Rock Bass
Cradle of Aviation Museum https://www.cradleofaviation.org/plan_your_visit/virtual-museum/at-home-activities.html
Find At-Home Activities and enjoy a virtual Scavenger Hunt of the Museum!
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art https://www.carlemuseum.org/blogs/making-art
Making Art Together, is a blog from the Art Studio at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, educator, or artist, you will find ideas to inspire you to create meaningful experiences with children and art.
Frick provide audiences a wide range of free online programming.
Guggenheim Museum https://www.guggenheim.org/at-large
Virtual tours, activities, and classes allow you to experience the Guggenheim even when you’re not at the museum.
Heckscher Museum of Art https://www.heckscher.org/visit/heckscher-at-home/
Kids Art Activities Series Live on Facebook, Tuesdays at 3 pm
Tune in live to the Museum’s Facebook page every Tuesday afternoon at 3 pm to create exciting art activities just for kids!
Holocaust Memorial & Tolerance Center of Nassau County https://www.hmtcli.org/events
Offers virtual museum tours and curators lectures.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/digital-resources
Families will enjoy free Virtual Tours and Talks as well as virtual museum visit.
Long Island Children’s Museum https://www.licm.org/athome/#ab
New additions every Friday! At-home activities and early childhood program videos
Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages https://longislandmuseum.org/learn-and-explore/at-home-with-lim/
Visit their website very third Thursday this summer for fun, interactive activities.
Long Island Science Center https://www.sciencecenterli.org/events-calendar
View their calendar of free virtual events.
Museum of Modern Art https://www.moma.org/calendar/groups/56
Offers free online events.
New York Transit Museum https://www.nytransitmuseum.org/transittots/
Join New York Transit Museum educators for transit-themed songs, stories and activities for the youngest transportation fans.
Parrish Art Museum https://parrishart.org/education/parrish-home-art-studios/
Introducing Parrish Home Art Studios! Fun, interactive art activities for families, using materials you already have in your home!
South Fork Natural History Museum https://sofo.org/calendar/
Offering some free Zoom programs as well as a series of animal videos at https://sofo.org/media/video/
Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum https://www.vanderbiltmuseum.org/museum-from-home/
Virtual Mansion Tours as well as planetarium and museum educational offerings.
Walt Whitman Birthplace https://www.waltwhitman.org/zoom-upcoming-and-past-events/
Enjoy Zoom Live Events// Upcoming & Past
Whaling Museum & Education Center https://www.cshwhalingmuseum.org/museum-from-home.html
Find How-To Crafts and coloring pages.