Library hours - Mon, Tue, & Thur, 9:30 AM - 8 PM, Wed & Fri, 9:30 AM - 5 PM, & Sat, 1 - 5 PM.
***Beginning Sunday, November 1 - New Library Hours***
- Mon., Tue., & Thur., 9:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- Wed. & Fri., 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- NEW winter/pandemic weekend hours:
- Sat., 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sun., 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Call for an appointment during these hours. Appointments can be made for material pickup, browsing the collection, and computer access. Returns may be done without an appointment.
If you need to contact a Librarian or need help with your library card, please see below:
Online Children Programs - click the image or link below!
- iPads To Take Home
Call or visit the library to borrow a Children's iPad loaded with age-appropriate and educational games! iPads come pre-loaded, without internet access and can be borrowed for 14 days. Call the Children's Department for more information or to put an iPad on hold at 631-929-4488.
Young Adult Online Programs - click the image or link below!
Adults Online Programs - click the link or image below!
Art On Display At NSPL
Dennis Coburn, a true lover of Long Island, has painted his way from Montauk to Manhattan. His subjects include lighthouses, cupolas, boats, and houses. Showing across the East Coast, Dennis is always inspired to create new paintings.
Language Learning Classes
For a listing of upcoming Language Learning Classes, please click the image or the below link.
Below please find a link to our Online Resource List, instructional guides and downloadable help regarding E-Readers, kanopy, overdrive, and more:
Niche Academy provides tutorials that teach people how to use library e-Resources like eBooks, research databases, and language learning tools.
Get Your Free Tick Removal Kit!
Tick Removal Kits contain all you need to be prepared for tick bites—pointy tweezers, magnifier, first-aid supplies, and Tick ID Card—all packaged in a kit you can hang on your backpack or put in your pocket. These kits are free to the public. Request a Tick Removal Kit by contacting email@example.com
or (631) 726-TICK.
Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University
The Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University is full of useful information regarding grants, loans, plans, business reopening suggestions and requirements, and more all revolving around small businesses and the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The Suffolk County Virtual Career & Talent Portal features:
- Research the local job market - in demand careers, occupations, skills, industries that are hiring.
- View local job opportunities – features all posts that employers make on other sites for local jobs in one place as well as links to apply.
- Virtual Job Matching & Skills Gap Analysis – enables jobseekers to see how their skills and experience match with employer job requirements, identify gaps and connect with potential training opportunities.
- Build resumes and cover letters specific to their job search.
- 24 hour Veterans Hold – vets have first priority to apply for all jobs
Emerging Workforce & Educators
- Connect with local job seekers, search resumes.
- Post specific targeted opportunities – while Virtual Career & Talent Center includes job postings that employers put on their website or Indeed (no need to duplicate efforts). In addition, companies can develop separate job postings to target specific opportunities and search resumes from Suffolk County jobseekers that post them on the site.
- View local job market landscape to compare roles, responsibilities and pay rates.
- Students can research skills, educational credentials and careers locally to help determine their post-secondary education/training path and inform work experience/internship choices.
- Educators, Work-Based Learning Coordinators, Guidance Counselors, can research industry skills and educational requirements to design experiential learning that further strengthens the classroom to career connection.
Click the link below to access the Virtual Career & Talent Portal. Create an account today to find qualified candidates for your job openings. Let’s prepare our communities to reopen, rebuild, and recover together.
Arts, Crafts, and Games
If you are interested in art and crafting ideas while at home, or even how to play Dungeons and Dragons and other online games, please see the option below:
New to the North Shore Public Library is Creativebug! Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists!
For some online computer classes for all ages, and various resources and activities for kids, please see the below link to get a listing of possibilities!
Missing a concert or a show? See the link below for some streaming concert and opera options as well as where to find some free music:
Are you missing our cooking programs with Simply Creative Chef Rob Scott? He has helped you out by posting some cooking demos online! Click the following link for a listing of demos and their recipes!
If you need to take a Defensive Driving course, please visit the below link to connect to a variety of options, some for AARP, and even some for AAA members.
For free educational apps, games, and websites for all ages, please see the below link:
Also, new to the North Shore Public Library Database collection free to use as a library card member, Universal Class brings over 500 online courses that include CEU Certificates! Universal Class is one of the easiest to use e-learning platforms available. All courses are completely online and self-paced. Successfully complete a course with a 70% or higher grade and you'll earn a CEU Certificate documenting your achievement. For more information, click the below link!
Fitness and Health
Miss going to the gym, or want to fill in some of your time with fitness or health classes, please click the below link to see live streaming options and where to go and learn how to be healthy during this uncertain time:
Our local area is home to a vast history, from Rocky Point, to Shoreham, to Wading River, and throughout Suffolk County.
Museums and Outdoor Virtual Tours
For a large listing of museums and parks offering virtual tours and experiences while their buildings are physically closed, please click the link below:
Sky & Star Watching
For some helpful and informative links on night time sky watching, star gazing, and how to use a telescope, please see the link below!
From the Library of Congress, to celebrities reading storytime, to Harry Potter, the following link has various storytime options:
Suffolk Libraries Online Resources and Other eBook Options
Please see the link below for a listing of eBook options and Suffolk Libraries Online Resources:
If you need assistance with your taxes, need forms, or instructions on how to file online, please see the following link:
NSPL's Popular Online Resources
Some of the North Shore Public Library's more popular online resources include the following:
Especially For Young Adults
Especially For Children and Parents