The North Shore Public Library makes the health and safety of our patrons and staff a priority at all times. We encourage all members of the community to be be aware of the recommendations from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following links and phone numbers/websites will provide information regarding any new updates on the disease, recommendations on prevention techniques, risk factors, what to do when or if you are sick, along with other common questions and concern:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus Guidance (downloadable pdf)
- WebMD - Covid-19 Updates
- Make a No-Sew Face Mask From a T-Shirt!
- The first Riverhead testing facility is at 1149 Old Country Road in Riverhead and will be open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Testing is by appointment only. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms can make an appointment by calling 1-516-874-0411.
- The second Riverhead testing facility is at 300 Center Drive in Riverhead. Testing is free, but appointments are necessary. If you'd like to be tested, you can call 1-845-553-8030 to make an appointment.
- Call 1-888-364-3065 for drive through testing at Stony Brook Hospital....You can not just show up and be tested, you must be approved by calling that hotline first.
- Smart 911 sign up website
- Sign up for COVID-19 updates from Suffolk County by texting COVIDSUFFOLK to 67283
- To get general information from Suffolk County call 311
- PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in covid-19 Pandemic
- New York State SNAP has an outreach program called The Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP), who will help you see if someone is eligible for SNAP right now. Here is a link to a useful flyer with phone numbers to call: https://33jl4613mlku102ebi2otkk8-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Statewide-SNAP-COVID19-flyer-3_25_2020.pdf.
For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 from the Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the National Institutes of Health
- 5 Things To Know About Coronavirus And People With Disabilities
- New York State Department of Health and the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Suffolk County Government
- World Health Organization and the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
Mental Health Awareness
- Pause. Breathe. Notice how you feel.
- Take breaks from COVID-19 content.
- Make time to sleep and exercise.
- Reach out and stay connected.
- Seek help if overwhelmed or unsafe.
- 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741
- More information: https://www.nami.org/help
Behavioral Health Wellness Campaign
Suffolk County is offering daily messages of hope, live Zoom classes, webinars, and other activities ranging from yoga classes, family fun activities, healthy eating discussions, essential oil classes, and more! Click the link below to take advantage of these free offerings!
- Click here for a schedule of all the activities, events, messages, and more, all planned for the upcoming week!
Along with the many resources on this page, as well as the growing number of online resources on the Online Resources page, please take advantage of the following resources that may be helpful for you or someone you know and love!
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE)
- Long Island Crisis Center
- For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
COVID-19 Economic Recovery Assistance
- Through the Stony Brook Small Business Development Center and College of Business, a special partnership was developed by Suffolk County Executive, Steve Bellone, called Suffolk Forward. Businesses will have access to resources and expertise of faculty, students, alumni, and business partners. An important role for Stony Brook's Small Business Development Center and College of Business is to do all they can to support economic development on Long Island. This is particularly critical now.
- Pandemic Shift Business Survival Workshops:
- Program to help small businesses regain Hope, Survive the crisis, Shift to accommodate current conditions and Pivot into new areas.
SBA Disaster AssistanceSBA Disaster Assistance through the Stony Brook SBDC in Response to the Corona Virus A Business Advisor will help you through the abundance of resources available for your particular business/industry and to avoid the most common mistake of incomplete or inaccurate Economic Injury Disaster Assistance Loan application.
New York Forward Loan Fund- Time SensitiveGovernor Andrew Cuomo announced that the state is launching 'NY Forward,' a $100 million loan fund to provide flexible and affordable loans to help small businesses, eligible only to those small businesses who did not receive federal COVID-19 funding assistance under the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) or SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). *Pre-applications will open on May 26, 2020 at Noon Eastern Daylight Time and will be on a rolling basis thereafter as regions and industries reopen. Time Sensitive Click here for more information
Suffolk County Provides Businesses with Reopening Best Practices
As our region prepares to reopen its economy, Suffolk County has complied a document of local and national resources to assist various industry sectors and businesses in safely operating and reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic. The information is subject to change and based on best practices by industry professionals to protect public health.
- Suffolk County Reopening Resource Guide
- Statewide Regional Reopening Metrics
Town of Brookhaven Community Development Emergency Microenterprise Business Relief Grant ProgramThe Town of Brookhaven, through the Department of Housing and Human Services, has created an Emergency Microenterprise Business Relief Grant Program to help mitigate the economic hardships experienced by small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding mechanism is designed to serve microenterprise businesses within the Town. Click here for more information.
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance
- SBA Debt Relief
- SBA Express Bridge Loans
- The New York Small Business Development Center (NYSBDC) provides small business owners and entrepreneurs in New York with the highest quality, confidential business consulting, training, and business research at no cost to you.
After you return the form to us, we will be able to make you an appointment to speak with a Business Counselor who will talk with you remotely (either over the phone or via Zoom) as your scheduled appointment. Please read the submission instructions below:
- Please make sure you check ALL THE BOXES --- except for "Optional Fields" --- or the form will not be complete.
- Choose 'Suffolk County' and then 'Stony Brook SBDC'
- This form submits to the SBDC's email, which will be checked on a regular basis.
- Please use this link to connect to a listing of all our available online resources, as well as a listing of outside resources that are available to the public for free.
- If you do not have a library card, please click here to get a temporary online card that will allow you to access some of the online resources.
- Please use this link to our frequently asked questions listing.