If you need to contact a Librarian or need help with your library card, please see below:
- Click Here To Email A Reference Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here If You Need A New or Replacement Library Card
The North Shore Public Library makes the health and safety of our patrons and staff a priority at all times. We encourage all members of the community to be be aware of the recommendations from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
***Northport VA Medical Center giving Covid Vaccinations to VA Members! Click the red link below for more information!!***
***Suffolk County Walk-In COVID Vaccine Clinic:
***NY State Vaccine Rates by Zip Code:
The following links and phone numbers/websites will provide information regarding any new updates on the disease, recommendations on prevention techniques, risk factors, what to do when or if you are sick, along with other common questions and concern:
- Centers for Disease Control
- WebMD - Covid-19 Updates
- Make a No-Sew Face Mask From a T-Shirt!
- Smart 911 sign up website
- Sign up for COVID-19 updates from Suffolk County by texting COVIDSUFFOLK to 67283
- To get general information from Suffolk County call 311
- PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in covid-19 Pandemic
- New York State SNAP has an outreach program called The Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP), who will help you see if someone is eligible for SNAP right now. Here is a link to a useful flyer with phone numbers to call: https://33jl4613mlku102ebi2otkk8-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Statewide-SNAP-COVID19-flyer-3_25_2020.pdf.
For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 from the Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the National Institutes of Health
- 5 Things To Know About Coronavirus And People With Disabilities
- New York State Department of Health and the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Suffolk County Government
- World Health Organization and the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
Mental Health Awareness
- Pause. Breathe. Notice how you feel.
- Take breaks from COVID-19 content.
- Make time to sleep and exercise.
- Reach out and stay connected.
- Seek help if overwhelmed or unsafe.
- 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741
- More information: https://www.nami.org/help
Emergency Rental Assistance ProgramProgram open as of June 1, 2021. Applications are now being accepted. Ready to Apply?
- Get Help Applying for ERAP by clicking here!
- Apply for the ERAP online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by clicking here!
Along with the many resources on this page, as well as the growing number of online resources on the Online Resources page, please take advantage of the following resources that may be helpful for you or someone you know and love!
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE)
- Long Island Crisis Center
- For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook UniversityAtención negocios Hispanos! The Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University is full of useful information regarding grants, loans, plans, business reopening suggestions and requirements, and more all revolving around small businesses and the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University
- Future Scheduled Events
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
New York COVID-19 Information
- Pre-applications for the New York Forward Loan Fund
- Suffolk County Reopening Resource Guide
- Statewide Regional Reopening Metrics