The North Shore Public Library makes the health and safety of our patrons and staff a priority at all times. We encourage all members of the community to be be aware of the recommendations from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following links and phone numbers/websites will provide information regarding any new updates on the disease, recommendations on prevention techniques, risk factors, what to do when or if you are sick, along with other common questions and concern:
- The new testing facility is at 1149 Old Country Road in Riverhead and will be open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Testing is by appointment only. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms can make an appointment by calling 1-516-874-0411.
- Call 1-888-364-3065 for drive through testing at Stony Brook Hospital....You can not just show up and be tested, you must be approved by calling that hotline first.
- Smart 911 sign up website
- Sign up for COVID-19 updates from Suffolk County by texting COVIDSUFFOLK to 67283
- To get general information from Suffolk County call 311
- PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in covid-19 Pandemic
- Red Cross - $5 Amazon Gift Card - The American Red Cross is offering a $5 Amazon Gift Card to people who donate blood in the month of April. Spend too much money online shopping while stuck at home? Earn a $5 Amazon Gift Card while you help save a life!
- Information on changes to the 2020 US Census due to the Coronavirus can be seen here
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 from the Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the National Institutes of Health
- 5 Things To Know About Coronavirus And People With Disabilities
- New York State Department of Health and the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Suffolk County Government
- World Health Organization and the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- Please use this link to connect to a listing of all our available online resources, as well as a listing of outside resources that are available to the public for free.
- If you do not have a library card, please click here to get a temporary online card that will allow you to access some of the online resources.
- Please use this link to our frequently asked questions listing.