Curbside is moving! Starting Monday, August 17, 2020, pickup your Library materials in the Library lobby and return materials at the Library entrance. Please call for an appointment between hours of 1:00 - 5:00 PM. Phone in will also be available during these times. The Library and the book drop are still closed.
The book drop is still closed and any late fees that accrue while we are closed will be waived. The Library continues to add virtual programs and events to the website which can be viewed by clicking here. Please consult the Library’s website as to developments relating to the Library’s operations. We apologize for the inconvenience resulting from the closing; and look forward to a resumption of services to the community when warranted.
The North Shore Public Library makes the health and safety of our patrons and staff a priority at all times. We encourage all members of the community to be be aware of the recommendations from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following links and phone numbers/websites will provide information regarding any new updates on the disease, recommendations on prevention techniques, risk factors, what to do when or if you are sick, along with other common questions and concern:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus Guidelines (downloadable pdf)
- WebMD - Covid-19 Updates
- Make a No-Sew Face Mask From a T-Shirt!
- The first Riverhead testing facility is at 1149 Old Country Road in Riverhead and will be open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Testing is by appointment only. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms can make an appointment by calling 1-516-874-0411.
- The second Riverhead testing facility is at 300 Center Drive in Riverhead. Testing is free, but appointments are necessary. If you'd like to be tested, you can call 1-845-553-8030 to make an appointment.
- Call 1-888-364-3065 for drive through testing at Stony Brook Hospital....You can not just show up and be tested, you must be approved by calling that hotline first.
- Smart 911 sign up website
- Sign up for COVID-19 updates from Suffolk County by texting COVIDSUFFOLK to 67283
- To get general information from Suffolk County call 311
- PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in covid-19 Pandemic
- New York State SNAP has an outreach program called The Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP), who will help you see if someone is eligible for SNAP right now. Here is a link to a useful flyer with phone numbers to call: https://33jl4613mlku102ebi2otkk8-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Statewide-SNAP-COVID19-flyer-3_25_2020.pdf.
For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 from the Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the National Institutes of Health
- 5 Things To Know About Coronavirus And People With Disabilities
- New York State Department of Health and the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Suffolk County Government
- World Health Organization and the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
Mental Health Awareness
- Pause. Breathe. Notice how you feel.
- Take breaks from COVID-19 content.
- Make time to sleep and exercise.
- Reach out and stay connected.
- Seek help if overwhelmed or unsafe.
- 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741
- More information: https://www.nami.org/help
Behavioral Health Wellness Campaign
Suffolk County is offering daily messages of hope, live Zoom classes, webinars, and other activities ranging from yoga classes, family fun activities, healthy eating discussions, essential oil classes, and more! Click the link below to take advantage of these free offerings!
- Click here for a schedule of all the activities, events, messages, and more, all planned for the upcoming week!
Along with the many resources on this page, as well as the growing number of online resources on the Online Resources page, please take advantage of the following resources that may be helpful for you or someone you know and love!
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE)
- Long Island Crisis Center
- For Debt Relief go to: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook UniversityThe Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University is full of useful information regarding grants, loans, plans, business reopening suggestions and requirements, and more all revolving around small businesses and the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Small Business Development Center at Stony Brook University
- Future Scheduled Events
- Paycheck Protection Program Deadline June 30th
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Pre-applications for the New York Forward Loan Fund
- Suffolk County Reopening Resource Guide
- Statewide Regional Reopening Metrics
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources