The North Shore Public Library offers FREE Museum Passes to Library Card holders in good standing.
Patrons are responsible for calling the Museum directly for information on hours, closings, and parking.
Museum Pass Policy
- Passes must be reserved in advance and handled by an adult (18 years or older).
- You may only check out ONE (1) Museum Pass at a time.
- Some passes must be picked up and returned in-person. Pick Museum Passes up at the Children’s Reference Desk after 3:00 PM on the day prior to use. Return the pass to the Children’s Reference Desk by 1:00 PM on the due date.
- Museum Passes are NOT to be returned in the outside drop box.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance.
- There is a $10/day late fee for any Museum Pass that is not returned by the due date.
- In the event that non-return of a Pass necessitates the Library to pay the entrance fee for the next user, that entry cost to the museum will be attached to the borrower’s record.
- In the event of loss or mutilation of a Pass, a fee will be charged for the replacement cost of that Museum Pass.
- The Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access for the greatest number of patrons.
We now offer PRINTABLE PASSES for some museums. Look for the logo!
Museum Pass Limits
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow a month: 4
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow a week: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow for a single day: 1
- Maximum number of times a cardholder can borrow a specific museum per month: 1
- During the school vacation breaks, patron is limited to one single reservation, for one single museum pass.
- Two “no shows” within a 60-day block of time will block a patron from making a reservation. When a patron attempts to reserve a pass, the software automatically looks back 60 days and counts the number of “no shows”. If there are two or more, they will be blocked and remain blocked until a 60-day period shows less than 2 “no-shows”.